Zipp’s ultimate aero weapon is now tubeless ready.
That means you get the many aero advantages of the 858 NSW Tubeless rim-brake wheel with the added benefit of increased cornering grip and compliance with reduced rolling resistance. The wheelset’s 18mm internal width is optimized for running wider tires at reduced air pressure. The 858 NSW’s undulating 77/82mm-deep rim shape, our proprietary Sawtooth™ profile, takes design cues from nature for our highest performing wheel when it comes to aero efficiency and crosswind stability. These structures inspired Zipp advanced development engineers to, for the first time, systematically apply biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil™ nodes, that reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force. Simply put, the 858 NSW Tubeless is ideal for those focused on triathlon, time trials, or aggressive road riding.
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that screams speed, applied using Zipp’s ImPress™ direct-print technology.
- 19mm internal width and tubeless compatibility for optimization of wider tires with lower tyre pressure.
- Cognition hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting. Its Axial Clutch™ technology allows the freehub’s ratcheting mechanism to deliver half the mechanical drag of conventional three-pawl hubs.
- Sawtooth™ rim with Hyperfoil™ nodes and HexFin™ ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating 77/82mm rim depth.
- Industry leading Showstopper™ brake track: powerful and consistent braking, even on the wet.
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies.
- Ships with QR end caps, quick release skewers.
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately.
Zipp’s Sawtooth dimple design consists of 12 nodes that are specifically clocked to start aerodynamic shearing at a rate of 50hz at a rider speed of 20mph. Sawtooth accomplishes this by inducing small sheet vortices that shed at a low magnitude, but at a higher natural frequency, thus decreasing the laminar bubble effect on the aerodynamically shielded side of the rim’s profile to further reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability.
The industry leading silicon carbide Showstopper brake track continues to evolve and improve, providing unmatched stopping power and modulation regardless of weather conditions or the length of the descent.
With the Cognition hubset’s Axial Clutch technology, Zipp have reduced this drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. So you can approach corners at higher speeds, and ultimately, save time. A star-flanged straight-pull hubshell design on the rear hub distributes the load placed on the hub flange away from the bearings. They've also developed a unique scalloped edge hubshell design for the front hub. This scalloped design maintains the bearing bore diameter when high radial spoke tension is applied. That means you get bearings that quietly stay in place, roll faster, last longer, and provide a laterally stiffer hub.