Shimano BR-R8070 + ST-R8070 Disc Brake - Increased Braking Power for the Ultegra Di2
The Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 + Di2 ST-R8070 disc brake set disc brake delivers maximum control under even the most challenging conditions thanks to highly-advanced and reliable Ice Technology braking. The brake calipers (2 ceramic pistons each), with their elegant flat mount design, are harmoniously integrated with your bike's design, making one-way bleeding seamless and easy. Electronic STI shift/brake levers enhance brake safety and allows for intuitive shifting, thanks to a clear delineation between the shift buttons. A reduced hood circumference improves overall ergonomics and comfort. The E-Tube platform offers multiple programming options.
Series: Ultegra R8000
Application: Road, Cyclocross
Gearing: 2-speed, 11-speed
Shifting System: electronic
Type: hydraulic, 2 pistons
Actuation: mineral oil
Hose Length (Front/Rear): 1000 mm / 1700 mm
Technical Information - Shift/Brake Lever:
Brake Lever Material: aluminium
Lever Body Material: carbon (CFRP)
Mount: clamp (closed)
Reach Adjust: bolt
Adjustment Options: reach adjust, contact point
Technical Information - Caliper:
Mount: flat mount
Pads: L02A resin with cooling fins (L03A resin, K02S / K03S resin, K04S metal, L04C metal optional)
Hose Connection: straight
- more control under all conditions
- flat mount design for seamless integration into the aero profile of the bike
- ceramic piston
- recommended brake rotor: SM-RT800
- anodised brake caliper, steel bolt (4 mm)
- defined tactile feedback and clearer separation between the shift buttons for more intuitive shifting, even with thick gloves
- programmable gearing
- Multi-Shift can be switched on or off separately for each shifter
- remote control shifter programmable for third-party bicycle computers or shifts
- reduced hydraulic inner workings to adjust the ergonomics of disc and rim brake builds
- extended reach adjustment
- multiple input: hold
- compatible with 11-speed Road rear derailleurs
- E-Tube project ensures firmware updates
- number of E-Tube ports: 2
- funnel bleeding
- shifter made of GFRP, main cylinder made of CFRP, brake lever painted
- for 23.8 - 24.2 mm handlebar diameter
STI Dual Control (DCL)
DCL stands for Dual Control Lever. It has braking and shift functions and allows easy operation. The improved ergonomics is probably even more important for the high standard than more range. The shift levers bring the stability of Shimano MTB technology and work so precisely and smoothly that it is possible to shift gears both front and rear with just one finger. This is a highlight of Shimano's " Total Integration" (STI). You have to experience it for yourself to believe it.
The Dual Control shift/brake levers by Dura-Ace, Ultegra and 105 have been optimised with new features, such as the weight-reduced joint on the inside of the shift mechanism and cable integration for easier steering. The extremely compact and high-precision manufactured individual parts result in an unrivalled shifting speed.
This product uses a technologically innovative, computerised shifting system based on the Di2 concept with the product designation SEIS (Shimano Electronic Intelligent System). The innovative shifting technology of the SEIS continues to be based on the Shimano Index System (SIS), whose outstanding shifting performance has proven itself over many years. The main difference between the systems is that the shifting operation is no longer carried out mechanically but electronically. The shifting process is carried out by simply pressing a button. No effort is required to shift gears, which has significant advantages as the rider always has a firm grip on the handlebars and can concentrate on riding without being distracted by the shifting. The shifting system allows precise and effortless shifting in all situations, even with cold hands or when the rider has fully exerted themselves. In addition, the shifting capacity can no longer be affected by dirty or stretched cables, as the shifting signal is transmitted electronically. The operating keys work in a similar way to mechanical dual-control levers, making it easy to get used to the new system.
E-Tube is a system platform for the Di2 concept (Digital Integrated Intelligence). E-Tube transmits interactive signals and supplies all electronic parts with power via " Plug & Play" connections. E-Tube is resistant to corrosion, expansion and frost and ensures low maintenance. It offers optimal flexibility for your bike. With E-Tube Project you can customise the settings of electronic components and update the firmware via Windows PC, tablet or smartphone. It provides quick and easy access to information on electronic components and provides an instant overview of system status.
One-Way Bleeding is designed to quickly and easily prevent air from entering the hydraulic system. Shimano has optimised the brake fluid flow path throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being trapped in the system.
One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
Fading of the brake during prolonged uninterrupted operation, e.g. downhill, impairs braking performance. Shimano has introduced brake rotors and pads with Ice-Tech technology to create a cooling technology for consistently high braking performance. The brake rotor has a three-layer stainless steel sandwich structure on the outside encasing an aluminium core. It radiates heat better and reduces surface temperature from 400° C to 300° C, for example. The brake pads also have optional cooling fins. The design of the rotor in combination with the cooling fins results in a longer service life of the pads, less braking noise, less fading and lower weight.
- 1 x Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 brake calliper
- 1 x Shimano Ultegra Di2 ST-R8070 shift/brake lever
- 1 x Shimano SM-BH90-JK-SS brake hose, 1000 mm (front) or SM-BH90-JK-SS 1700 mm (rear)
- 1 x pair Shimano L02A brake pads
- 1 x adapter for 140/160 mm rotors (front)
- 1 x hose connecting bolt units
- 2 x type A caliper bolts (front)
- 2 x caliper bolts for 25 mm frame diameters (rear)
- 1 x Shimano TL-EW02 plug tool (rear)
- mount ready, filled, bleeding is recommended after installation