The Shimano polymer shifter cable set OT-SP41 for MTB contains shifter cables with a polymer coating. Viewed under a microscope, it is reminiscent of tubes wound around the cable. This reduces the surface rubbing against the liner and contributes to better grease retention. It results in reduced shifting forces and noticeably faster shifts.
The set also includes the SP41 cable housing, which has been pre-lubricated over its entire length with special grease. This grease is low-friction and very durable.
- Polymer-coated cables reduce friction and ensure smooth and fast operation
- Cables have a round cross-section which reduces friction
- Stainless steel cable is corrosion resistant (anticorrosive (SUS))
- - SIS-SP41 housing is pre-lubricated with special silicone grease to ensure smooth shifting
- Dirt-repellent: sealed housing end caps minimise the penetration of dirt at the XTR level
- Performance indicator: ultimate (level 3 out of 3)
- Application: MTB
- Cable Diameter: 1.2 mm
- Cable Length: 1800 mm, 2100 mm
- Cable Housing Diameter: 4 mm
- Cable Housing Length: 3300 mm
- Shifter Cable Material: stainless steel
- Cable Coating: polymer
- Liner: polyethylene
Manufacturer Part Number
In the Box
- 1 x Shimano OT-SP41 3300 mm shifter cable housing
- 1 x Shimano polymer 2100 mm shifter cable
- 1 x Shimano polymer 1800 mm shifter cable
- 2 x composite cable housing end caps, sealed
- 2 x aluminium end caps, sealed
- 7 x cable housing end caps, stepped
- 7 x rubber sleeve
- 2 x cable ferrules
- 2 x rear derailleur cap
- 3 Years Warranty on Dura-Ace and XTR Components
- 2 Years Warranty on all other Shimano Components
- 1 Year Warranty on all Shimano footwear, clothing and wheels
Established in 1921.
Shimano is the world's largest manufacturer of bike components.
Today Shimano globally operates three key businesses, with sales offices and factories all over the world. They will continue supplying “captivating products” to help promote the bicycle and sports fishing cultures
Japanese company Shimano is the most popular groupset manufacturer with a range of groupsets at different prices. It’s constantly updating the other bike components too, with the newest features debuting first on its top-end technology, Dura-Ace, before eventually filtering down through the range.
Their bicycle components division has a wide range of product line-ups such as brakes, pedals, wheels, gears, chain sets etc., and represents 80% of the company’s total revenue.
Shimano has about 70% of global share in bicycle gears and brakes, and approx. 50% of the overall bicycle components market.
Shimano’s products are designed to meet customer needs for easy, trouble-free installation with a guaranteed great result every time. Some factors that aid Shimano to stay ahead over their competitors are as follows: Economical prices client-friendly service timely delivery wide distribution network ethical business operations transparent deals the team carries out a comprehensive range of tests on all components and finished products to ensure we meet or exceed all the international standards. Their quality commitment extends to social, ethical and environmental responsibilities and Shimano are proud to be members of all the key industry associations.