The Shimano J04C brake pads feature Ice Tech cooling fins that promote heat dissipation, fading resistance and brake performance consistency. Their metallic pad is on a light aluminium backing plate. J04C is compatible with XTR (up to M9000), XT, SLX and Deore 2-piston brakes as well as post mount Road disc brakes.
- High-strength pad material
- Long life
- High braking power under extreme conditions
- Special design for sand and mud
- Cooling technology (cooling fins) increases the service life of the brake pad and reduces the risk of fading
Fading of the brake during prolonged uninterrupted operation, e.g. downhill, impairs braking performance. To counteract this, Shimano has introduced the brake rotor and brake pad with Ice-Tech technology. This cooling technology ensures consistent braking performance. The brake pads have cooling fins. The sandwich construction of the rotor in combination with the cooling fins results in a longer service life of the pads, less braking noise, less fading and a lower weight.
- Brake Pad Compound: sintered
- Backing Plate Material: aluminium
- Cooling Fins: yes
- Power: high (5 out of 5)
- Modulation: above average (4 out of 5)
- Durability: high (5 out of 5)
- Anti-Fading: high (5 out of 5)
- Silence: above average (4 out of 5)
- Universal / Sintered
- Type: J (narrow)
- Manufacturer Part Number: Y-8LW98030
- Compatibility: XTR BR-M9000, BR-M9020, BR-M987, BR-M985 / XT BR-M8100, BR-M8000, BR-M785 / SLX BR-M7100, BR-M7000, BR-M675, BR-M666 / Deore BR-M6000, BR-M615 / Alfine BR-S700 / Road groupless: BR-RS785, BR-R785
- 1 pair of Shimano J04C brake pads
- 1 x spring
- 1 x safety splint
- 3 Years Warranty on Dura-Ace and XTR Components
- 2 Years Warranty on all other Shimano Components
- 1 Year Warranty on all Shimano footwear, clothing and wheels
Established in 1921.
Shimano is the world's largest manufacturer of bike components.
Today Shimano globally operates three key businesses, with sales offices and factories all over the world. They will continue supplying “captivating products” to help promote the bicycle and sports fishing cultures
Japanese company Shimano is the most popular groupset manufacturer with a range of groupsets at different prices. It’s constantly updating the other bike components too, with the newest features debuting first on its top-end technology, Dura-Ace, before eventually filtering down through the range.
Their bicycle components division has a wide range of product line-ups such as brakes, pedals, wheels, gears, chain sets etc., and represents 80% of the company’s total revenue.
Shimano has about 70% of global share in bicycle gears and brakes, and approx. 50% of the overall bicycle components market.
Shimano’s products are designed to meet customer needs for easy, trouble-free installation with a guaranteed great result every time. Some factors that aid Shimano to stay ahead over their competitors are as follows: Economical prices client-friendly service timely delivery wide distribution network ethical business operations transparent deals the team carries out a comprehensive range of tests on all components and finished products to ensure we meet or exceed all the international standards. Their quality commitment extends to social, ethical and environmental responsibilities and Shimano are proud to be members of all the key industry associations.