The Chrono Disc is outright our fastest wheelset in the lineup. Ideal for a 25mm tyre, the Chrono Disc is built to maximise both speed and stability. Couple that with the enhanced aerodynamics of the tyre and rim profile thanks to disc brakes, and you have a wheelset that will redefine your perception of speed, ideal for triathletes and time trial racers.
The 77mm front wheel is designed to enhance handling and is incredibly stable for a wheel with a deep section rim profile. In the tunnel the wheel maintains class-leading aerodynamics and reduces crosswind side forces by over 15% versus our older model. Paired with an 86mm rear, you will quickly discover just how fast you can go. Not only is braking performance enhanced thanks to the addition of disc brakes, but aerodynamics too. With gains like this, it’s easy to see why triathletes and time trial specialists love this wheelset.
The Chrono is aerodynamically optimised around a 25mm tyre and uses differential front and rear rim profiles. The Chrono is tubeless-ready when fitted with our tubeless kit (or similar). Our precision-machined alloy hubs are fitted with high-grade EZO cartridge bearings to deliver smooth running in all conditions and use a Centerlock disc fitment.
In the box:-
- Rim tape fitted
- Freehub spacer for 8/9/10 speed cassettes
- User guide
Note: Brake Rotor shown in the images is only for illustrative purpose. its not included in scope of supply.
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru axle
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru axle
- If you require QR axles or 15mm x 100mm thru axle (front), adapter kits are available to order separately
- Rotor fitment: Centerlock
- Freehub: Shimano/SRAM 11-speed
- If you require a Campagnolo or SRAM XDR freehub, it can be ordered separately as an accessory
- Model: Chrono
- Rim depth: 77mm (front) / 86mm (rear)
- Max rim width: 29.5mm (front) / 29.0mm (rear)
- Internal rim width: 20mm (front) / 19mm (rear)
- Weight: 1,705g (775g front / 930g rear)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray (24 front / 24 rear)
- Lacing pattern: 2-cross (front) / 2-cross (rear DS/NDS)
- Hubs: Parcours Disc Centerlock
Aerodynamics is at the heart of what we do at Parcours. We have spent countless hours over multiple sessions in the wind tunnel to provide the level of data that you as the rider need to make an informed decision. We strive to be completely transparent with all our development and testing, whilst keeping things accessible to all our riders.
Maximum Tyre Pressure
Note: for road use we recommend a 23mm or 25mm tyre, up to a 28mm tyre for the Strade
Please note that carbon brake tracks are designed to be durable and long-lasting. If well- maintained and cared for, you should expect many happy years of use before the rims need replacing. However, brake track wear will be accelerated in wet weather, when all sorts of nasty grit and dirt finds its way between the brake track and brake pad. It’s worth giving the brake pads a good clean after a wet ride. The finish on the brake tracks will change over time – this is perfectly normal and not a cause for concern.
Our disc brake hubs will fit a 12mm thru-axle for both the front and rear wheels. If you're running either a 15mm thru-axle or a standard 9mm quick-release then conversion kits are available. Please get in touch before placing an order.
There isn't a hard and fast max weight that we'd rate the wheels at as it's largely dependent on the sort of riding you're doing. As you can imagine, a heavier rider on a smooth road isn't directly comparable to a heavier rider on rough roads.
Saying that, with an 18 spoke front / 24 spoke rear lacing pattern (24/24 for our disc brake wheelsets), if you're over 90-95kg then we'd suggest looking at increasing the spoke count to make the wheel a little more robust. Get in touch to discuss the custom build options available.
It’s important to us that you feel confident in your purchase, which is why we offer a full 2 year manufacturer’s warranty on all Parcours wheels. This covers any manufacturing or workmanship defects. If you have an issue, simply get in touch and we will arrange shipping back to us where individual parts will be replaced or repaired as required.
This warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and does not include any third parties. Original proof of purchase may be required.
This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear, including cosmetic
- Crash damage (see our separate crash replacement offer below)
- Products which have been incorrectly installed and/or adjusted
Furthermore, this warranty will be invalidated if:
- The product is used outside of normal usage or is damaged by rider error
- The product is modified in any way
- Tyre pressure exceeds limits laid out below
- Non-carbon specific brake pads are used (with the exception of Paniagua alloy rims)
If the worst happens and you find yourself anything but rubber-side down, we want to help you get back on your bike as quickly as possible. If your wheels are damaged in a crash, we will offer :
- A substantial discount on any replacement rims
- Wholesale pricing on any other replacement parts
- A word of encouragement to get going again, along with a touch of sympathy. We've all been there!
- Country of Origin-China