The Mega bike computers are the new flagships in the Lezyne range. Not only is its display size mega, but especially the battery life of up to 48 hours makes the Mega XL a loyal companion for every kind of adventure on the bike. This is also supported by the possibility to download maps via the Lezyne Ally app and to be able to use them offline. With the turn-by-turn navigation you can drive your own routes, or you can navigate to a specific address. Depending on personal preference, the Mega XL can be switched between vertical and horizontal use during the journey.
The Mega enables simultaneous pairing with iOS or Android smartphones via Bluetooth and receiving data from sensors for heart rate, cadence and power via ANT +. In order to be able to precisely determine your position and speed at any time, it can receive not only GPS signals, but also the signals from the Russian satellite system GLONASS. The data are stored in fit files and are therefore compatible with Strava, Trainingpeaks or Today's Plan. With GPS Root, Lezyne also offers its own free portal for evaluating your training data. Up to 800 hours of training data can be stored on the Mega GPS. The data is read out via USB cable or via your smartphone.
In addition to downloading your training data, individually created training units can also be imported to the Mega and displayed during the training. The Ally app also allows easy live tracking so that your family and friends are always informed where you are. Not only the current position but also the driving data can be shared in real time. Another highlight is the possibility to be informed about incoming calls and to receive emails with text on the display.
The data and data fields shown can be individually configured on the large display. In addition to the general ride data, altitude data, lap times and heart rate, cadence and performance data can be displayed in up to 10 data fields. For even easier personalization, the data fields can also be configured from the smartphone using the Lezyne Ally app. The display has a backlight so that you can see all the data at night rides. The computer is operated via 5 buttons with which you can intuitively navigate through all menu items.
- Durable, composite construction
- Super accurate, advanced data recording system combines GPS plus Glonass satellites
- Simultaneous ANT+ and Bluetooth® Smart connectivity
- Multiple real-time features when paired to the Lezyne Ally app
- Barometer and accelerometer
- Simple setup through Lezyne Ally phone app
- Import .tcx and gpx. Files
- Intuitive four button operation
- Full navigation
- Add data fields to map and navigation screens
- Power metrics: TSS®, Work, Normalized Power®, Intensity Factor®
- Additional navigation cues
- Custom route building
- Trainer Mode
- Multiple bike profiles
- Lithium polymer battery provides up to 48 hours of runtime
- Micro USB rechargeable
- Stores up to 800 hours of ride data
- Customizable fields and page count (up to 10 fields)
- On screen preloaded maps
- Custom alerts and auto presets
- Extremely weather resistant
- Includes X-Lock Standard Mount
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Live Tracking icon
- Strava Live Segments
- Structured Workout
- Heart Rate*: Current, Average, Max.
- Cadence*: Current, Average
- Power* (6 data display options)
- Training Specific Fields: TSS®, NP®, IF®
- Electronic drivetrain data
- Speed: Current, Average, Max.
- Distance: Current, Trip Total, Trip 2, Odometer
- Time: Ride Time, Clock
- Laps and lap averages
- Elevation: Ascent, Descent, Current
- GPS signal strength
- Battery life indicator for device and paired devices
- Connected devices icons
- Bread crumb trail page
*only in conjunction with the corresponding optional sensors.
- FE-C Trainer compatibility
- Smart Connect compatible
- Receive text, email, phone call and message app notifications when paired to smartphone
- Sync rides via Bluetooth Smart to the Lezyne Ally phone app
- Instant download of ride files (.fit) via plug-and-play flash drive technology (Windows/Mac) and upload directly to GPS Root website for ride analysis
- Auto-sync ride data to Strava, TrainingPeaks and Today's Plan
- Pairs with Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ enabled heart rate monitors, cadence/speed sensors and power meters
- Connects with compatible electronic drivetrains
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Off-line maps and rerouting
- Follow structured workouts from Today's Plan and TrainingPeaks
Lezyne Mega XL GPS Review - TRIATHLETE BUYER'S GUIDE: Triathlete.com
...the processing power of the Mega XL is cutting edge. Boasting a large black-and-white screen, this relatively lightweight unit will run far longer than most of its flashier competition (up to 48 hours). Strong offline mapping also helps with the Mega XL’s ability to sustain itself...
Lezyne Super Pro GPS Review - Outdoor Gear Lab
The Mega XL has the distinction of being the newest, biggest, and best model in Lezyne's range of GPS enabled cycling computers...It's got too many features to mention, but it earns high marks for its smartphone integration through the well designed and user-friendly Ally V2 App, and its compatibility with both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors. It also has a live tracking feature and does Strava Live segments and structured workouts when synced with your favorite apps. It has all the navigation features you'd expect, plus the addition of easily uploadable offline maps for navigating when you lose service. It is also impressively customizable with the ability to create up to five different bike profiles and five data pages that can display up to 10 data fields at once. The Mega XL is also offered a very competitive an reasonable price.