- Specific repair kit for Tubeless / Tubeless Ready tires
- Simple and quick to use
- Permanently repairs punctures
- 1.5 mm fork recommended for Road and Gravel can also be used for MTB
- Designed to function as end cap for road handlebar or as bottom bracket cap
- Light weight (manufacturer): 11 gr.
- 5 x sealing pads (1.5 x 50 mm)
SPECIFIC VERSION FOR STRIPS OF 1.5 OR 3.5 MM
Tappabuco is available in two versions:
- Dust cover 1.5: optimized for repair strips with 1.5 mm section, 50 mm long
- Topping 3.5: optimized for repair strips with 3.5 mm section, 50 mm long
While the 3.5mm strip, larger and more common, is ideal for larger punctures on MTB tires, often a 1.5mm strip is sufficient for smaller damages or road / gravel tires: having both available is simply better. The bad reputation of the 1.5 mm strips, considered to be ineffective against punctures, is due to the common mistake of using these small strips with large forks ... opening the hole more than the size of the strip. The tiny dedicated fork of Tappabuco 1.5 prevents this from happening.
WHY DID WE CREATE?
Rubber strips (also called "worms" or English tire plugs) have become a common method for repairing large holes in tubeless tires. With "Tappabuco", Effetto Mariposa wants to offer a practical solution for street and off-road, easy to transport and quick to use.
EASY TO TRANSPORT
Tire repair tools must be easily accessible in the event of a puncture, but due to their sharp shape, they must be stored safely.
Tappabuco solves this problem, since it is designed to function as a closing cap for road and mountain bike handlebars and can also be transported inside most Shimano and SRAM central movements (it adapts to holes with an internal diameter between 15 and 20 mm). Keeping the repair strip already inserted in the Tappabuco fork ensures rapid repair of tubeless tire punctures.
IMPORTANT: depending on the internal surface of the handlebar, it may be easier or more difficult to remove Tappabuco. Try to extract the Tappabuco after having inserted it in the handlebar: if it is too difficult, it lubricates the handlebar so that you can remove Tappabuco and repair punctures quickly.