The Birzman chain wear indicator tool measures wear and stretching on single to 12-speed chains, so that you know when it’s time to replace it. A worn chain causes poor shifting performance and reduces the service life of sprockets and chainrings by wearing down the teeth. Regular checking for chain wear and a timely chain replacement prevent costly premature replacement. 11 and 12 speed chains should not be stretched more than 0.5%. When using aluminium and titanium cassettes, the tolerance is 0.75%, whereas chains on steel and singlespeed sprockets should be replaced at 1% wear at the latest. For precise measurement, the Birzman chain wear indicator tool clearly shows the chain stretch. A practical chain hook on the other side of the tool is a welcome aid to hold the chain when opening and closing chain links.
- High-strength chain wear indicator with 3 hooks
- For precise & easy chain wear measurement
- Wear indicator from 0.5% (11/12 speed), 0.75% (aluminium/titanium) and 1% stretch (steel)
- Integrated chain hooks for chain installation/removal
- Hole for hanging
- CNC machined
- Material: stainless steel
Well-designed product, very useful.
Pretty accurate measurement!
Give it 5 stars.
Easy to use and well made tool
Fine Quality Great Pricing Practical Tool