The Original one and only absoluteBLACK premium Sram compatible Direct mount BOOST148 1X Oval narrow wide chainrings are designed for GXP, DUB and Long BB30 spindle cranks. Chainring is dedicated for Boost148 bikes ONLY. Converts a regular Sram crank into a Boost specific setup. (3mm offset). They are also 100-percent optimized for Eagle.
This oval chainring with special 3mm offset converts any Sram crank into Boost148 specific setup needed in Boost equipped bikes. Boost and non-Boost Sram cranks are identical. All the offset is achieved by the chainring itself, so you can use any Sram crank for this conversion. Our regular OVAL chainrings for Sram cranks have 6mm offset whereas this one has 3mm, but both chainrings look very similar.
Advantages of our special direct mount narrow wide chainrings:
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
- The ability of installation of a smaller ring sizes that can't be mounted on regular spider.
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees
- We mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.
If you wish to check for frame clearance with new oval ring, below you can find measurement of biggest dimension of the oval (tip to tip of tooth):
28T: 127mm ; 30T: 134mm ; 32T: 143mm ; 34T: 151mm
How to mount our oval chainring to SRAM GXP and BB30 crank:
You need to unscrew the 3 torx T25 bolts from the crank. Then remove the spider+chainring combo you currently have there. Clean the splines and put some grease on them. Position the chainring in place (note there is only one way to fit this chainring to Sram crank, so you don't have to worry how to do it). Close all 3 bolts to about 5-7Nm.
Check below which Sram compatible oval narrow wide chainring you will require for your Sram crank type. All Sram Cranks have exactly same mounting interface regardless the model or axle type. The only thing you need to determine is chainring offset.