absoluteBLACK Premium Shimano 110/4 BCD compatible oval chainrings are designed for new type of Shimano cranks Dura-Ace 9100, Ultegra 8000 & 105 R7000 only. These are finest oval chainrings on the market in terms of shifting, smoothness of pedaling and manufacturing quality. (They can be also retrofitted to 9000 and 6800 cranks). 10/11/12spd compatible.
Advantages of absoluteBlack Road Oval Chainrings:
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedaling
- Your pedalling action will feel smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
- Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
- If you wish to use other configuration it will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more "adjustments" of front dérailleur to be acceptable. Also remember that front dérailleur can only accept max 16T difference between 2 chainrings - this is how Shimano and Sram designed them.
- Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings
How to mount 110/4 9100 / 8000 Oval Chainring: (Same instruction as for 9000/6800 Cranks)
First, you need to remove your crank from your bike. Once removed, unscrew the 4 bolts that hold two chainrings together with a T-30 torx key. Remove both original rings. Locate the new oval inner chainring with the triangular timing indicator positioned behind crank arm. The bolt holes on the small chainring are recessed – so the nut heads will sit flush with the surface of the chainring - these recesses should face you when mounting the bolts. Absolute Black outer chainring has a specific shape of mounting tabs so it will only fit one way on the crank arm. If you are only switching the inner chainring to oval - use the original bolts that came with your crank. If you are switching to a pair of oval rings, you will need a set of regular ‘double’ chainring bolts or our set of Bolt covers. Tighten all four bolts with force of about 5-7Nm. Mount your crank back to the bike. You may also need to adjust the front derailleur slightly.