Our Premium Shimano 110/5 (bolt pattern) oval chainrings are designed for pre 2014 cranks like Shimano Dura-Ace FC7950, Ultegra FC6750, Shimano 105-5750 and many more with 5 bolt fitting. These are finest shift-able oval chainrings on the market.
Advantages of absoluteBlack Road Oval Chainrings:
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedaling
- Your pedalling action will feel smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
How to mount 110/5 Oval Chainring:
First, you need to remove your crank from your bike. Once removed, unscrew the 5 bolts that hold two chainrings together with a T-30 torx key. Remove both original rings. Locate the new oval inner chainring with the triangular timing indicator positioned behind crank arm. The bolt holes on the small chainring are recessed – so the nut heads will sit flush with the surface of the chainring - these recesses should face you when mounting the bolts. Absolute Black outer chainrings have a specific recess to accommodate the rear edge of the crank arm - position the outer ring to line up that recess with the crank arm. If you are only switching the inner chainring to oval - use the original bolts that came with your crank. If you are switching to a pair of oval rings, you will need a set of regular ‘double’ chainring bolts. Tighten all four bolts with force of about 5-7Nm. Mount your crank back to the bike. You may also need to adjust the front derailleur upwards by 2-3mm.
- Size : 50T (122g), 52T (135g)
- Colour Options : Black, Racing Red, Grey
- Compatibility : Shimano Dura-Ace 7950, Ultegra 6750, Shimano 105- 5750, Tiagra 4650, FSA, Rotor 3D & 3D+, S-works and many more older cranks. Also fits Sram Force and Red but NOT compatible with Sram cranks that have 1 hidden chainring bolt (Force22, Red22). Compatible with Di2
- Bolts : For Outer chainring please order "Long bolts" from us OR Bolt Covers. Changing Inner chainring to oval only? use original bolts
- Material : CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- Ovality : Optimized to each size separately. 50/52 - 10.3%; Timing of 108 -109.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
- Important : If you currently use 53/39T chainrings you have 130BCD cranks (not 110bcd). In this case please look at our 130BCD chainrings as you will not be able to use anything smaller than 53/39T.
Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings.
- Size - 50T, 52T
- Country of Origin - Poland