Big city, city light
Extra security: new uvex city light sets new levels of visibility on a bicycle, with LED lighting built-in.
City, Countryside, the Future: increasingly, bicycles will become the most important means of transport in urban areas, promising independence and improving quality of life. Visibility on a bike is essential – to safeguard both the rider and other road users. Reflective details on clothing and perfectly working bicycle lights are often used. For even more safety, uvex presents the new uvex city light.
UVEX City Light is a simple, sporty city bike helmet. Its true character reveals when the power button is pressed: under the outer shell, 4 LED strips light up – 2 at the front, 2 at the back – with 32 LEDs in all. To make the cyclist more visible at dawn or dusk, or in the dark. At the touch of a button, the LEDs switch between constant, flash and pulse. Depending on the mode, the built-in battery lasts 6 to 12 hours. Recharge in less than 2 hours using the supplied USB cable. An LED indicates charge status:
- Green: 60 % power remaining
- Green/Red: 30 to 60 % power remaining
- Red: ≤ 30 % power remaining, low battery
This technology lies behind an extra LED light at the back of the helmet. Reflective straps and lettering complete the package. Note: road traffic regulations class these helmet LEDs as auxiliary, passive light and do not replace active bicycle lights. Made for: night owls.
- Norm: CE, TÜV GS, EN 1078
- Double inmould technology
- 2 shell sizes
- FAS strap
- 18 ventilation channels
- Bug net
- Incl. plug-in LED
- Removable visor
- X-fit pads
UVEX City Light technologies
- Inmould Technology: Protective EPS material is foamed directly into the polycarbonate shell. For a lightweight helmet with highest impact resistance. Perfect fusion of EPS inner layer and polycarbonate outer layer.
- Monomatic - Button-press adjustment: Multi-stage and anatomically shaped: uvex's monomatic comfort closure opens and closes at the touch of a button, with just one hand. The chin strap always sits perfectly.
- FAS - Easy and Practical: Fast Adapting System webbing can be easily and continuously tailored to your exact head shape. The helmet stays securely on the head in all situations and the webbing straps are always in the best position.
- X-fit Pads - High quality: Interior features significantly affect a helmet's comfort. All our pads absorb moisture. X-fit pads consist of a high quality, structured material which improves ventilation. Padding has a special antibacterial finish. Hook and loop fasteners allow easy removal for washing.
|Safety standards||CE EN 1078, TÜV GS|
|Bike helmet version||with Visor|
|Color||White Mat, Anthracite Mat|