World's first Pliable hot melt chain wax formula with Graphene for use in crockpots is here. GRAPHENwax - Super pliable, non-crumble, quiet, clean and extremely easy to break-in formula. It exhibits excellent durability whilst maintaining impressively low friction for a prolonged period of time in both wet and dry conditions. It's the easiest wax to break-in after chain cools down –simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand (as per our video) and job done - No more solid sticks or backpedaling issues. Our wax doesn't crumble, chip or leave any marks thanks to our proprietary formula. It's everything you wished for in a hot melt wax. Perfect for Road, Triathlon, Gravel, Mtb and E-bikeKeeps your drivetrain spotless clean. Can be used along with GRAPHENlube. It's the most quiet hot melt wax you will ever use.
Unlike other Hot Melt waxes, GRAPHENwax not only exhibits lowest friction, but also lasts longer and is much easier to use. Usually after dipping the chain in melted wax you need to wait until chain cools down and then painstakingly break every chain link so the chain can be flexible again, leaving crumbled mess behind and particles on the frame and crank. With GRAPHENwax we have reinvented this process. After the chain cools down, you only need to run it between your fingers along its entire length, and the chain is broken-in leaving no pieces of wax behind. Our wax simply doesn't crumble during the chain movement, meaning you have more wax that protects the drivetrain for longer. It can also withstand those hot days where other wax lubricants simply melt off your chain. GRAPHENwax will not stain your fingers when handling the chain and it's the quietest wax coating you will use. It's your "dream come true" wax lubricant.
GRAPHENwax and our World Tour winning GRAPHENlube go very well together. If you plan longer rides you can "top it up" with GRAPHENlube. Chain will not require re-cleaning.
- Size:~350g / 12.4oz . Each box contains 4 "squares"
- Color:Wax is black, but on the chain looks transparent. Doesn't leave marks.
- Composition:Hydrocarbon waxes containing special mix of high purity Graphene. It does not contain any harmful solvents
Why we don't use Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) nor Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2) additives:
While these substances can exhibit super low friction, they do it only in vacuum or inert gas. In normal humid air they not only have high friction but also very short life because of the rapid oxidation process. Using these additives in chain lubricant, where water is often present, is simply pointless.
We also don't use any oils or paraffin oils in the mixture because it adversely impacts the friction.
Why pliable GRAPHENwax is better than any other hot melt formula:
- You don't have to painstakingly manipulate the chain links anymore to get the chain flexibility. Just run your fingers once along the chain length and job done.
- It's the most quiet hot melt wax you will ever use.
- It doesn't flake off like other waxes, which means no more mess once you put the chain on the bike.
- You don't have to loosen the chain off like you do with other waxes. From get go you can even easily back pedal.
- It's quiet for a long time because it sticks better to the side of link plates enhancing the shifting performance.
- It melts faster in the crockpot - saving you time
- Lasts longer thanks to wax flexibility and Graphene additive.
- Delivers an incredibly low friction for much longer than any other wax.
- Doesn't melt off your chain on a hot day.
How long the box of GRAPHENwax lasts:
Each chain treatment uses only 3-4g (0.14oz) of wax if you let it drip back into the crockpot while it dries. We actually weighed it. If you clean your chain with boiling water (see video below), let it dry and then wax, you could get around 62 treatments and still have 100g (3.5oz) left in the pot to guarantee full immersion of the chain. It's only a matter of how much you contaminate the wax or how good you clean the chain with boiling water prior to every waxing. Wax will still last the same number of applications regardless of cleaning, but if you contaminate the wax too much, it will no longer be as effective.
It's like walking in the house with shoes on. The floor is clean as long as you clean your shoes every time you enter the house.
In simple terms it’s a wax with specially modified crystalline structure.and a mix of additives with high purity graphene which makes it very pliable. Wax based lubricants exhibit far greater tolerance to water and dirt contamination, successfully separating moving chain parts from abrasion and filling in all the imperfections on friction surfaces. Graphene – the wonder material that is still not commonly used because of its incredibly high cost, is a great additive for a few reasons. It has extremely low friction coefficient in all the environments, is far stronger than any known material to a man and it can cling to metal protecting friction surfaces from excessive abrasion. Moreover, it repels the water and is not permeable to air reducing therefore oxidative stress on the metal surface. Even a single atom layer is enough to reduce the friction considerably.
- Country of Origin-Poland
How to lubricate your chain with flexible GRAPHENwax
First chain preparation: Take the chain off the bike or use brand new chain and clean it using a solvent (like White Spirit or mineral turps) by immersing the chain completely in the solvent for 20-60min using the poly bag that was delivered with the wax (Use gloves). Shake the bag with chain for 2min at the end. Take chain out and let it fully dry (2-12h). Optionally you can rinse the chain at this point with 98% alcohol to remove any remaining residue. Once the chain is dry you can apply the lube normally like instructed below. Solvent cleaning is only needed for the first time to remove the oils.
1. After that , If the chain is dirty, you can clean it by simply pouring hot water on the chain and let it dry Cleaning the chain this way doesn't contaminate the wax in crockpot, making it useful for longer.
2. Melt the GRAPHENwax in the crockpot (slow cooker) in usual manner on medium heat. Melt it completely. Our wax melts at around 70°C (160°F) but you should heat it to around 90-100°C (194-212°F)
3. Immerse the chain into the molten wax and wait until the wax buildup on the chain melts again. Best way to do this is to use wire metal clothes hanger by threading both ends of chain on the hanger.
4. Agitate the chain gently (up, down, left right) in the liquid wax (using the coat hanger) for about 3-5min to make sure that the wax goes into the pins.
5. Take the chain out, hang it, then gently wipe the excess of the wax from the chain side plates and let it cool for about 15min.
6. After cooling, simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand (as per our video) and job done
Please remember that melted wax is very hot, so you should always wear appropriate protective clothing, leather gloves and safety glasses. Never leave working crockpot unattended. After use, turn the crockpot off and make sure the still hot melted wax is not reachable by children or other unauthorized people. Use only crockpot (slow cooker) to melt the wax. Never use oven, microwave or stove. Never exceed the temperature of 100°C (212°F). Never expose to open flame. Keep away from children. Use in well-ventilated space.
Cyclop delivered promptly and kudos to them for making this available.
However the product doesn't work as intended and is terrible. There are several youtube videos that confirm this.
Cyclop should instead source from other reliable manufacturers.